Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mothers are Magnificent !

We had a lovely Mother's Day celebration with the family. My generation hosted the event & we prepared all of the food, organized the activities, etc. We had plenty of food. Ribs, Chicken, Sausage, Dirty Rice, Baked Beans, Mac & Cheese, Potato Salad, Garden Salad, Banana Pudding and Strawberry Cake.


What a spread !


The infamous Kiddie Table

When me and my cousins get together it's like a doggone daycare, LOL. We set up a craft table in the garage for the kids to keep them entertained. They made jewelry  and other trinkets as gifts for all of the mothers.





I will wear it always :)



Getting my bracelet put on my wrist that my youngest niece made for me at the craft table.









My oldest niece Savannah helped me out in the back bedroom putting together some fresh flower arrangements for all of the mothers, aunts, and grandmothers. We made 15 of them. She was sooo excited to help me with this & she really did a phenomenal job assisting me. They came out lovely.




Tying on the Ribbon 

Finished Product 

We did a surprise presentation of the flowers to all of the mothers, aunts and grandmothers to the song by Boyz 2 Men, "Mama". We had all of the littlest kids present the flowers to each person.  I know it sounds really cheesy, but they loved it ! And so did the kids :)




Alexandra & her Grandma



Nicholas and his Granny 









The Matriarch in the house


My cousin telling the truth  ! LOL

After presenting them with their flowers and the gifts we bought for them and the gifts the kids made for them, we then had an impromptu session where myself and various cousins stood up before the group to sing our mother's praises and talked about the sacrifices they have made for us and how much we appreciate them for it. By the time we were finished, there was not a dry eye in the house !

I have a friend & fellow blogger TIH who just lost her MIL right before Mother's Day, when I spoke with her in the days before the funeral, she wished us traveling grace and told me to hug my mother extra tight and that is exactly what I did !

You know how they always say at funerals, you should give the flowers to people while they are living ? Well we just want to always take the opportunity to honor our mothers in their presence for as long as we are blessed to have them.

All in all it was a wonderful Mother's Day with the family.


How did you celebrate Mother's Day ?


Thoughts ? Comments ? Questions ?

Beautifully Complex 


No comments: