Friday, November 5, 2010

Thankful: Day 5 Me Time

Since I was off  work today, I have some solo activities planned to start off my weekend. Mr. Mixologist happens to be out of town until Sunday and this is the first weekend in a very long time that we haven't spent together. It seems a little weird,  but yet familiar since I was single for a significant amount of time. Nonetheless, I am a pro at occupying my time. I know how to stay busy and chill out with ease. I got up earlier than I planned, did some things around the house, hopped on the Internet for a bit.

Cue Jill Scott, "Made me some breakfast......toast, two scrambled eggs...."

I then headed to the nail shop for a pedicure. Now I am headed out to Bella Nova Day Spa for a much needed massage by my girl Candace.  Then I am headed to the movies to check out "Colored Girls" and then have some errands and a little bit of shopping to do. Tonight, I plan to get some sort of takeout, and clear out my Tivo, while finishing up some chores around here.

Tomorrow I get to sleep in again,  and then later meet up with some of my favorite blog buddies for a bit for an evening hosted by Tarsha , before heading to a Birthday Bash for another good friend.  Now me and Mr. Mixologist have been in communication since he left yesterday. We have been talking and texting.  Not as much as usual, because he has business to tend to. I really do miss him, but I am reminded today of how thankful I am for time to just be with me.

I am thankful for time to unwind and relax.

I am thankful to have time and resources to enjoy the things that I enjoy.

I am thankful to have an active social life, yet I am thankful for alone time too.

What are you thankful for ?

What do you enjoy ?  What do you have planned this weekend ?


Beautifully Complex

No comments: