Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankful: Day 11 Good Strong Pharmaceuticals

I have been down for the count this weekend, starting on Friday afternoon. I caught a small reprieve for a few hours Saturday and managed to clean out my closet but that has been the most productive thing I have done this weekend.  I didn't start to feel close to normal until about 3 hours ago. I'm sure I have mentioned it before that I suffer from Endometriosis , Stage IV, which can really put me down usually every 3 months, I have a really bad turn and this month was it. I experience what I can only describe as " 48 to 72 hours of pure hell " I am required to sleep with a heating pad on my abdomen, continual cups of hot tea, and a measure of " Good Strong Pharmaceuticals" to include Trama.dol and Hyd.rocodone for some relief. I move from the bed to the sofa and back to the bed. I literally have not left the house since Friday afternoon. I know my body, so the good thing for me is, that I should be fine for the holiday season and probably won't be down like this again until February or so.

I won't go into the litany of symptoms, you can click the link  above if interested, but just know that I have been dealing with this since being diagnosed in 1999, after 3 years of marriage and no pregnancy. I had my first surgical procedure in 2000 to attempt to remove adhesions  and have had two more since then. For the record, my Fallopian Tubes are useless ! There is no cure for Endometriosis, all you can really do is manage the pain =Good Strong Drugs ! LOL For the most part, I have accepted my situation and the resulting Infertility, but some cycles can put me in a funk that I can't shake ! IVF is still and option but my age is advancing and that does affect success rates for it. For now, I am thankful that I have been able to manage it with medication vs. having to have another surgery. 

So tonight as I raise up from this fog of a weekend, feeling much less pain, I am thankful for all of the hardworking Pharmacists, thankful for the Pharmaceutical companies and all of their research, and very thankful the Good, strong medicine, that gives me relief when I need it ! LOL 

What are you thankful for ?

Questions ? Thoughts ? Comments ?

Beautifully Complex

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that sucks. I'm glad you have good pain meds and hope this phase ends soon.

Beautifully Complex said...

@Barrista, Thanks I am feeling better already :)