Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful: Day 12 - Working from Home

On days like today, when I am still not feeling 100 %, I am so thankful for the ability to work from home if and when I need to. The timing was perfect because Mondays are usually planning and report writing days for me, so the majority of what I have to do today involves the computer and the phone which I can very easily do without having to drive to my little cubicle in an office far, far away ! Today I have been able to plan my meetings and interviews for the week, review and draft some reports and return calls in the comfort of my home while wearing my Snug.gie and sipping on a hot beverage courtesy of my new Keurig (Thanks Mr. Mixologist) LOL ! I could have used a sick day, but honestly, it would have been a waste, because I am feeling much better and have been very productive. I just did not feel like putting myself together and driving this morning.

The majority of my work requires that I be in the field most days. This is the case for all the people in my particular unit. It involves a lot of driving, conducting in person interviews, going to different office sites to conduct business, and going to specific places to get information that I need for my cases.  So the actual amount of time that I am sitting still and not en route to somewhere is minimal. I am thankful to have the flexibility to work from multiple places which makes each day different. One downside is that occasionally, I have to meet people late in the evenings to get information I really need, but I just flex the time, since I am responsible for my own scheduling. I am thankful to have control over my work and to have a Manager that understands work/life balance.

I am thankful to have a job that allows me  a lot of autonomy which I have really gotten accustomed to.

I am thankful to be able to work from home whenever I need to.

What are you thankful for ?

Thoughts ? Questions ? Comments ?

Beautifully Complex


2 comments:

Tarsha R said...

I hope you are feeling better!

That is one of the main reasons I love my job so...flexibility! I may not be able to be that productive at home but I love having the option without any issues from my supervisors!

Beautifully Complex said...

@Tarsha R
I am feeling much better now :)