Friday, June 1, 2012

Funny Friday Vol. 6

This actually happened a couple of months ago, but me & my mom were laughing about it again recently and I was reminded of it.

So we took all the kids horseback riding for Spring Break. It was my 5 year old nephew K.J.'s  first time riding ever and he was so very anxious and excited. So picture this. There are 10 of us riding together on the trail. Me and Mr. Mixologist mixed in between the six kids, then you have a front Trail Leader and a Back Trail Leader.

It is a beautiful ride, and very quiet and peaceful. No one is talking. You can't really hear anything except the horses.  Everyone is just enjoying the ride, the beauty of nature and the overall atmosphere.  Occasionally, I would call out to each child to make sure everybody was OK on their horse. Both Mr. Mixologist and K.J. were riding behind me. In fact, K.J. is the very last rider because the rear Trail Leader actually had his horse's harness tied to her waist because he is such a young novice rider. I looked back at him several times to see him looking up at the sky and all around with this big smile on his face.

When you leave the ranch for the ride, you head into a heavily a wooded trail. We went on an hour long ride. As soon as you hit the trail it starts winding and twisting and turning. After about 10 minutes into the ride, you can no longer see the Ranch, the parking lot or the horse stables.

So we are riding along and I hear Mr. Mixologist start laughing. Then I hear the rear Trail Leader start chuckling too.  I turn around and can hear some conversation between K.J. and the Trail Leader but I can't make out what's being said. Then Mr. Mixologist says,

"Did you hear K.J.? "

I say,

"No, what did he say?"

He said to the Trail Leader,

"Hey, wait a minute, are you sure you know how to get us back ?" 


LMAO !

We all just broke up the peace & fell out laughing. Every body heard it when Mr. Mixologist repeated what K.J. said. It was too funny ! K.J. was like wait a minute, this is fun and all but we are getting real deep into these woods and I need to check and make sure you know what you are doing. LOL !

She reassured him that she did this for a living and that she would make sure that we all would find our way back to the stables before the hour was up.LOL

You can always count on kids to keep it 100 !

Thoughts  ? Comments ? Questions ?

Beautifully Complex 





3 comments:

Tazzee said...

I love it!!

I took a few lessons when I was a tot and haven't been riding since. Riding on the beach is on my list.

Beautifully Complex said...

@Tazzee
Riding on the beach looks like it would be so much fun & romantic too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun :)