Friday, March 16, 2012

An Engaging Affair.......In Pictures

Although it rained for most of last weekend, we got a slight reprieve to enjoy our Engagement Party that two of my friends hosted for us.  That damn Houston humidity got to my hairdo, but even still we had a blast at Monnalisa with some wonderful people who came out to celebrate with us.........






The patio cabanas are cool to chill in when it hasn't been raining all weekend ! LOL






Yes we wore the cheesy buttons ! 



Me and one of my closest friends. She brought me some very lovely flowers and a cheesy "Bride to Be" button to wear because she knew I would wear it proudly ! LOL






Tulips & Classic Black & White Pics




The food was great and the drinks here do.not. play.  If you come try the signature drink called "The Monnalisa" it has Raspberry infused vodka & fresh raspberries. it.is.the.business !





My beautiful Hostesses !



Me and my love were trying to practice that very famous "photo pose"  that TIH and her husband have down to art form ! LOL






Lovely Ladies !



I really love the fire pit in the middle of the lounge ! It is very romantic at night & creates nice ambiance. Two years ago I surprised my love on his birthday and we came to this same place & made some great memories, so I was really happy they picked this spot to celebrate such a milestone in our courtship.



Our Adopted Texas Family


My best friends family adopted me years ago & they love Mr. Mixologist like no other and we are so blessed to have their support and encouragement as we walk this path to marriage.





My great friend and Soror !




He is such a funny guy, who makes me smile everyday & has shown me how to lighten up and even how to laugh at myself.....often.






He was so surprised, looking like, what are you doing ?


Just before the toast, I surprised everyone by reading a poem that I wrote for my love. I have been working on it for a while, even before we got  engaged and I thought it was the perfect time to share it. I also got it framed for him with some of our favorite pics......He loved it ! I would share it here but I don't really trust these innanets with my prose ! LMAO



Aficionados in the House ! 


Of course the Cigar lovers had to hit the patio to indulge before all was said & done. He got a few sticks as gifts that he could not wait to try. All in all we had a lot of fun and laughs (some tears too LOL), with great friends, and we are blessed beyond measure to be surrounded by so much love and support.



An emotional moment after my reading. 


Your heart wins, when you're not afraid to lose...


That is how true love is built...starting with an open heart !



Hope you enjoy the photos !


Thoughts ? Comments ? Questions ?


Beautifully Complex

10 comments:

MrsTDJ said...

Aww, beautiful pics! It's so amazing to have watched the evolution of your relationship from the moment you met Mr. M to no. Thanks for continuing to share with us.

Beautifully Complex said...

@mrstdj
Thank you for reading and riding along with me on this wonderful journey:)

Dr. Toge said...

Wish we could have been there! You both look so content and I am happy that your Texas family toasted you in style.

Beautifully Complex said...

@Dr.Toge
Awww thanks for coming out of lurkdom to comment ! LOL I wish you could have been here too, but no worries we will shut it down in NOLA !

ichoosethesun said...

How beautiful! So happy for you :)

Beautifully Complex said...

@ichoosethesun
Thank you !

Tarsha R said...

I HATE I missed the celebration! But you already know how happy I am for you both! Love you guys to pieces!

Congratulations again J I couldn't be more happy for you!

Kayla said...

Beautiful! I LOVE love!! Thanks for allowing us to share the moments. And you definitely have to have an open heart for love. "Your heart wins when you're not afraid to lose." LOVE THIS!

Beautifully Complex said...

@Tarsha
I missed you too. Thank you for the beautiful engagement card you sent. I appreciate all of your love & support.

Beautifully Complex said...

@Kayla
Thank you ! I really appreciate you reading & going along this exciting path with me.