Friday, March 2, 2012

Funny Friday Vol. 5

Last weekend while at home with my family, my cousin's 7 year old daughter made me and everybody else laugh.  She obviously had been hearing since Christmas something being discussed pertaining to me and marriage. I was driving her and her 3 yr old sister to my parent's home and she says to me.....


So Aunt Beautifully Complex are you married yet ?

I chuckled and say....

No Alexandra, I am not married yet, I am engaged. 

She sits quiet for a few seconds and then asks.......

What exactly is engaged ?

I think for a moment how to best  break it down for her and say....

OK,  you see this ring on my finger everyone has been looking at ? Well Mr. Mixologist gave it to me and it means that he intends to marry me.

She pauses and then says without skipping a beat...

Oh OK  I get it, I know why he did that. He did that so nobody else could pick you right ?

I could not stop laughing ! LOL  I told her yes, that is true, this ring insures that nobody else can pick me. When we arrived, the house was full of family members and of course I repeated the conversation. Everybody thought it was pretty funny and Alex was smiling while everyone was laughing. I love little kids and the way they see the world.


Happy Friday ! Enjoy yourself this weekend.


Thoughts ? Comments ? Questions ?


Beautifully Complex 

2 comments:

ichoosethesun said...

Very cute and funny! Oh how I wish that I could have a child's perspective sometimes :)

Drea said...

Too cute!