Thursday, August 2, 2012

30 Blogs in 30 Days

There is some blog challenge going around the internet, a writer Aliya S King has challenged writers/bloggers to write 30 posts in 30 days so I am going to do my best to step up to the plate. Since this month has 31 days and this is just day two of the month I will start today & try to finish out the rest of the month.

What's on my mind right now..........How I wish I had more hours in the day to do what I want to do instead of what I have to do. How I wish I was independently wealthy or at least had my mortgage paid off so that I could work when I want to LOL. How I wish that I could financially bless people in my life that I see who are living in a way that makes me proud. How I wish I had more time for social networking, even when I spend what already amounts to ridiculous amounts of time on it anyway. I love Pin.terest, Face.book, Inst.agram, Twitter, Yelp and of course reading my favorite blogs & writing on my own blog. Not to mention The K.not which is quite the resource with all of this wedding planning as well as the numerous blogs I read by brides planning weddings. There are just not enough hours in the day ! Plus I have all these magazines that come in the mail that stack up & I feel guilty if I try to throw them away cause I don't have time to read them. I am addicted to the written word ! I wish I had more time. There is so much to see, learn, do, watch and experience. I want to live a life of leisure ! LOL But honestly, I am so very blessed that I have the type of life that gives me the opportunities that I do have. I don't work as "hard" as many people and I earn a "comfortable" income for what I do everyday. TiffanyinHouston wrote a post today about struggling that really made me think. I can honestly say that being raised by a single mom until I was 12, we did struggle. My biological father was not present and provided no financial support at all. I had two alcoholic grandparents so my mother's support system was not that great. I do have memories of having to eat beans towards the end of the month, having no furniture in our apartment for quite a while, our electricity getting turned off a few times, and my mom having to ask friends for gas money so that she could get to work. But my childhood was very happy and those situations were temporary. I was never trapped in poverty. My mother has always been a hard worker and very determined. She was a very involved and active parent and we always had fun with her. She taught me so much about faith and perseverance. My mom got married and she continued working hard to carve out a great life for me & my sister that led us to great educational opportunities which led to me having  what I consider a very good life today. Yes, I have had disappointments in my life, divorce, daddy issues, infertility, financial setbacks, but honestly the things that I deal with are considered "first world problems" and I would not want to gamble and throw my life back into the water and take chance of pulling out something much more challenging. So tonight as I sit on my leather sofa, in my air conditioned home that I own, sipping a glass of vino, surfing the internet while my fiance is outside grilling our dinner, I think I am doing just fine.

What's on your mind ?  Are you up to the challenge to blog for 30 days straight ?

Thoughts ? Comments ? Questions ?

Beautifully Complex

No comments: