Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Just Me..................Randomly

Wow ! I cannot believe it is December already. This is going to be fast month I can see already. The year has flown by so this month will be no different I'm sure. I have already gotten 2 holiday party invites, have a baby shower to attend next week and am planning a road trip at the end of the month, so it's getting ready to pick up speed around here real quick.

I will definitely be pulling down the Christmas decorations from the attic this weekend. I'm going to spend the rest of this week cleaning up around the house so that I can sort through all my decorations, toss some old things and figure out if I need to purchase anything new.

I am excited about my decision to get a REAL live Christmas tree this year !  I have never had one before. I grew up using artificial ones and just went down that same road once I was on my own, but I have decided to be done with that. I am tossing my old tree for good when I pull it down this weekend.

I am going to need to figure out how long I can keep a real tree before it goes bad. One of my friends told me that longer than 2 weeks is pushing it, so I am going to do some research on it this weekend. If anybody has any tips or info to share it would be greatly appreciated.

One of my nieces and my nephew have birthdays this first week in December, so I have got to get their gifts in the mail tomorrow and then turn around and start with the Christmas shopping and shipping. I am definitely going to streamline things this year, cause I have a lot on my plate.

My BFF just got her Bartender's License a couple of weeks ago and Mr. Mixologist is definitely skilled in the art of Mixology, so it goes without saying that my holidays are going to be very, very  merry ! LOL

I am so super excited to be participating in this years Christmas in Blogworld, orchestrated by Pserendipity ! I missed out on all the fun last year and did not want to sit on the sidelines this time around. Plus I managed to blog a bit more this year so hopefully my Secret Santa will be able to have a clue as to what I like by trolling through the archives.  But I will definitely be posting consistently as I stated yesterday so I may try to drop a hint or two :)

What is going on random with you ?

Thoughts ? Questions ? Comments ?

Beautifully Complex 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

December rolled in so fast and I'm completely unprepared.

YAY @ getting a real tree. I grew up with real trees, but hubs and I have always done artificial. I'm thinking next year when my son is really into Xmas, we'll switch to a real tree. I had beautiful and vivid memories of my parents and I going tree shopping together, then a few days later once the branches fell, we'd spend the day decorating.

I'm excited about Xmas in Blogword too. LOL @ watching last year. Yep, I wasn't blogging consistently enough, so I didn't participate. I'm ready this year!

Beautifully Complex said...

@MrsTDJ
See I didn't know I needed to wait for the branches to fall BEFORE decorating, thanks for the tip !

Anonymous said...

LOL!! No problem. Um, yeah, you would have struggled with tough branches and then "holes" once the branches fell. The end results would not have been picture worthy! Good luck!!