Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Interview

This is a Blog post idea that I got from one of my most favorite Bloggers, http://babsinblogland.wordpress.com/ Hope you enjoy it & have some fun.


1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (And your e-mail address, please.)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1. Excluding weight, what is one physical trait you would change about yourself if you could?

This one is easy, I would be completely hair free on all areas of my body except my head, eyebrows, and eyelashes. I would never have to shave, wax, or use any type of depilatory ever again in life !

2. What is your most memorable vacation?

This would definitely be 3 years ago when I went to Jamaica with my entire family because my sister and her husband were renewing their wedding vows for their 10th Anniversary. It was a very simple ceremony so we didn't have alot of preparation to do, so I was able to just enjoy the vacation & time with my family. For some people who attended it was their first time leaving the country and going to a resort so it was really nice to experience that with some of the elders for the first time. I was tasked with keeping up with my two nieces who were ages 3 & 5 at the time so my hands were full. It was also memorable for me because I was seperated and going through a very painful divorce at the time, yet I was still able to enjoy the beauty of my sisters marriage and my family coming together to celebrate their union once again.

3. Have you ever had to be admitted to a hospital ? What for ?


Yes unfortunately it was in my 11th grade year of High School. I had to have my Appendix taken out less than 2 weeks before the Prom. This was before they did the minimally invasive procedure they perform these days where you have the little bikini scar. I actually have a very large scar that runs from my belly button to my pubic bone. Also this was before they sewed you up with the stitches that dissolve. I actually had actual staples in my stomach that had to be later removed. Fortunately I was able to attend the Prom and wear by dress. I had a very large contraption wrapped around my abdomen that looked like a girdle under my dress. I was only able to sit at the table and have a couple of slow dances but I was just glad that I did not miss the event after having spent all my hard earned after shool job money on a dress, shoes & jewelry, etc. I am smiling in the pictures even though I was still in some serious pain.

4. What song do you love, that would suprise most people?

Actually I love alot of Southern Rappers like UGK (Bun B) & Lil' Keke that most of my peers just won't listen to. I can't limit it to one song, but the ones I like the best seem to always be the rawest ones ! I guess I am just amazed at how expressive & bold alot of rappers can be. I have a couple of DJ friends who make me mixed CD's so I don't usually have to purchase most of what I listen to, but occasionally I will buy something that I am really feeling. It's strange because I honestly can't relate to most of what they rap about. My life is the polar opposite & some of it is extremely mysogynistic & sexist but I find it interesting being exposed to the world of others.

5. Which of the following would you choose, if you HAD to give one up for a year: cable/satellite, cell phone, home computer, automobile or flatiron/hair dryer?

This was tough to answer, but I would have to say cable/satellite because I could actually get my news & even watch movies & TV shows on the internet. I would just have to search more diligently & specificially for things. I would definitely miss my DVR though !

No comments: