Sunday, February 19, 2012

Life Interrupted......

Last weekend while everyone was reeling over the death of a famous singer, I was brought to my knees by my own personal crisis. My sister called to inform me that my father had just found my mother collapsed in their bathroom and that she was in ICU and unconscious. My sister was on the highway trying to get there and I had to jump on a plane to get to her as quickly as I could. 

After several days of being heavily sedated, in and out of consciousness, and unable to speak to us,  I am so blessed to report that she is firmly on the road to recovery ! My dad is very fragile and this really just overwhelmed him. I am so glad that my sister and I could get there quickly enough to help to manage her treatment with the doctors, nurses, insurance companies and therapists. I cried when I had to fly home today, not because I'm scared, because I am confident and faithful. I cried from sheer joy and thankfulness ! Faith makes ALL things possible and we serve an awesome God of Restoration !

The one thing that will STAY with me is the love and support from my friends and family and my fiance's friends and family. All the prayers for us and with us, the phone calls, text messages, food, flowers, cards and just overall support and encouragement brings tears to my eyes even now. Even the smallest gesture can bring such peace in the midst of serious anxiety and stress. You only have one Mama so I don't have to tell you how it feels to get a call like that when you are so far away. Trying not to panic and think straight & focus on what needs to be done. I am grateful that Mr. Mixologist was sitting with me at the time and gave me everything I needed from him and more. When my mother was able to understand me, I let her know that prayers were coming from coast to coast and I KNOW that they were heard and answered. His touch of healing over my mother through grace and mercy is something that I do not take for granted. 

I am humbled. I am grateful. 

Be Blessed !

Beautifully Complex 

11 comments:

PhenomenallyMe said...

Praise God for guiding her recovery and all of your family's faith! I am a new subscriber but I will surely keep your mother and family in my prayers!

God bless

Beautifully Complex said...

@PhenomenallyMe
Thank you so much for the prayers and thank you for subscribing & commenting too.

Serenity3-0 said...

I am happy to hear she is doing well. I didn't know about the crisis until I read this, but your family will be included in my prayers. BTW where is "home" for you?

sayitlikethis said...

You gave me the chills reading this. I just imagined it being my mama. And you're right, you only get one mama. I am SO happy to hear your mom is on the road to recovery! I'm wishing her a healthy and full recovery. :-)

Beautifully Complex said...

@serenity30
Thank you for the prayers. Home is OKC for me, which is 7-8 hrs from Houston but only 1 1/2hr flight luckily.

@sayitlikethis
Thank you. She is progressing well. God is good.

Kurlylicious said...

I've been checking your blog and had no idea. Praying for your Mom, you and the rest of your family! So happy she is on the road to recover! GOD is good!

InnerDiva said...

Oh my goodness-so thankful that your mom is going to be ok. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Beautifully Complex said...

@Kurlylicious
Yes. He is an awesome God.
@InnerDiva
Appreciate all the prayers. Keep them coming.

K. Rock said...

I am glad that everything worked out for you guys. I know that was a scary experience.

Drea said...

I am glad that your mother is okay.

Jacquie said...

Prayers with you and your family! Praise God that your mother is on the road to restoration!!!!!