Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What I Ate Today

I spent a few weeks eating really, really badly while my nieces and nephew were visiting. Between the cookies, ice cream, chips, hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza. I did not need to get on the scale to realize I had done some damage ! LOL I have finally cleaned out the pantry and the fridge and removed all of the random, leftover snacks that remained after they left. Yesterday I went to the grocery store  after doing some meal planning, so that I can get back on track this week.  So far so good.

Breakfast- I made nice a smoothie with yogurt, frozen peaches, strawberries and pineapples. It was very filling and satisfying.

Mid morning Snack-Green Apple and cheesecake flavored yogurt with graham cracker topping. This was my first time trying this flavor and it was pretty good. I love cheesecake so this was a nice substitute.

Lunch-Turkey Wrap with low fat Pepper jack cheese, mustard, spinach and tomatoes. I made this myself and it was pretty good.  Fat Free Pringles( Sour Cream and Onion flavor). These are pretty good and only 70 calories for 14 chips.  I love sour cream and onion chips and this is a pretty decent cheat for my chips fix. I try not to eat too many of these because the sodium is a bit on the high side.

Afternoon Snack- Another green apple ( I read somewhere that the green apples suppress your appetite) and a fat free jello pudding snack. The flavor was Caramel Soufle. This was really tasty, a kind of whipped cream/caramel combination.

Dinner-Mr. Mixologist was kind enough to grill some chicken wings for us to enjoy tonite. I paired it with a nice large side salad and had 1/2 cup of potatoe salad, which was primarily mustard based, so I didn't feel too guilty about that.

Evening Snack-A nice juicy peach when I first got home and prior to having dinner. Then later while we watched a movie, I had a Weight Watchers Mini Toffee Ice Cream Bar

All in all, I was pleased with how I did today. I drank plenty of water and tried to stay on schedule and eat every 2 hours so by the time I was eating my meals, I wasn't starving. I feel satisfied. I will calculate my calories, fat, carbs and protien tomorrow so that I can see what kind of modifications I may need to make.  But I feel like today was a good day.

What kinds of healthy snacks do you enjoy ?

Do you keep a food diary ?

 Do you find that it helps you with weight loss ?

Observations ? Comments ?

Beautifully Complex

No comments: