Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Perfect Gift


I really love creativity and well thought out gifts. When you can tell that someone went out of their way to do something tailored to you, it really means something.

Two of my Aunts got me the sweetest most thoughtful gift. The theme of the Bridal shower was " Recipe for Romance"

They bought me a beautiful Hope Chest filled with all kinds of  stuff.....

A frame with our "Save the Date" inside





Box full of Love !




A bag of poems



There was so much stuff that I didn't have time to go through it while at the shower, but when I got home & examined it more closely, I was very touched by their thoughtfulness.






All of my recipes for romance..............



The box was filled with a snuggle throw, champagne flutes, candles, chocolate, a bottle of champagne & a few extra surprises.....,





But the most touching thing was all of the poems and words of wisdom concerning marriage that they included in the multiple envelopes.



I know how to follow a recipe !




Heartfelt words from both my Aunts....







The last part was funny. I didn't get it at first. They referred to an ICE Pack & my imagination went wild. LOL What they were referring to was "In Case of Emergency " and all else fails........






HA ! It was a football & an nightie in the form of a referee shirt, an Officiant hat & a whistle to call a flag on the play ! LOL. My intended is a huge football fan, so this was a good joke as to how I could most definitely get his attention in the event of a crisis.

It was too cute.  I really appreciated all of the time & effort they put into creating  a gift that was meaningful that I will use for years to come.


Have you gotten any creative gifts lately ?

What is the best gift you ever received ?

What is the best gift you have ever given to someone ?

Thoughts ? Comments ? Questions ?


Beautifully Complex

2 comments:

K. Rock said...

Wow that was really super sweet! I am no good with gifts. I wanna do better because I wanna GET better gifts!

Beautifully Complex said...

@ K.Rock
LOL Exactly. It goes both ways. One of my Aunts is retiring at the end of this year & I am already contemplating what the perfect gift for her will be.