Monday, October 29, 2012

Just Me....... Randomly

Wow. It has been almost a month since I dusted off this little blog.  It has been a whirlwind around here over the last several weeks. I am going to try to catch up this week with some posts,  but here is a bit of random stuff........


First up, Mr. Mixologist got hit with the dreaded Kidney Stones. I got a call at work  & he was rushed to the ER by ambulance, at the time when he collapsed in pain, we had no idea what was wrong. I don't ever want to feel that type of panic again. He is fine now, the stones passed, and other than the challenge of seeing him in the worst pain you can imagine we made it through.  I got to spend a few days taking care of him & showing him how much appreciate him.


I have been super busy at work, it has been almost unbearable. I have no idea when things will change & since we are all supposed to be so lucky to have not been relocated, we are just supposed to suck it up & deal with it. So I won't complain, other than to say I so wish I was independently wealthy. LOL


I totally love Fall weather, the nice cool but not too cold mornings, low humidity and crisp clear air to breath in.  I love the clothes, the nice comfort food, the cozy nights at home. We lit our fireplace for the first time this season just today.  I can't wait for the Holidays to get here.


We had a garage sale a few weeks ago & Mr. Mixologist will never participate in one again. LOL It was a comedy of errors that I won't bore you with. It was more work than we anticipated. The good news is that we did make a nice bit of money that went straight to the wedding fund. The bad news is that I twisted my ankle trying to help him move some furniture and had to go to urgent care, after trying to avoid it for several hours.  He keeps teasing me saying that we had to spend all the money we made on co-pays & prescriptions ! LOL  But the tables were turned and in less than 30 days after me waiting on him hand and foot, he had to then do the same for me. He took great care of me.


I was on crutches for 5 days until I could put weight on my foot & let me tell you, mobility is one of those things, that you just don't appreciate enough.  They gave me some good drugs & for the first couple of days, I was quite melancholy but by day 5 I had cabin fever like a mug & was going stir crazy. Even though I didn't break any bones, it has been a slow heal. I still have residual pain in my right foot, a few weeks later. I don't think I am going to be able to run the Turkey Trot this year but I want to at least walk it & not break tradition on the participation.  I am starting to really feel this over 40 thing for real !



We early voted yesterday morning, we got up at 7AM & headed to the polls and still had to wait 45 minutes. It was our first time voting together, in the same precinct & it was quite fun to people watch and exercise our civic duty. We had a nice breakfast afterwards. Speaking of civic duty, I have Jury duty in a couple of weeks & as much as I would love to sit on a jury, I just don't think I could be away from my cases for too long, without things just getting out of control and I don't think I could be focused on the trial for worrying about work & the mess I have to return to. I wonder if I will get picked ?


What's going on random with you ?

Thoughts ? Comments ? Questions ?


Beautifully Complex 


2 comments:

Tarsha @ SouthernGirl. CitySwirl said...

Seriously, Imma need you guys to stay healthy! LOL glad you all are both doing better

We are >>>>>here<<<<< about that work thing! Giiiirrrl!

While I am generally a warm weather lady, I am completely enjoying having actual fall weather too.

Beautifully Complex said...

@Tarsha

My body is just not bouncing back like it used to LOL I have got to be more careful !