Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Simply Thankful

We leave tomorrow heading to see my family for Thanksgiving.  Honestly today I am too exhausted to be excited yet, but my heart is full.   It is so very important to reflect.  At this moment I am simply thankful.......



to have the means to travel home without major sacrifice.
(Thank you for your provision Lord )


to have a wonderful neighbor who always looks after my home when I travel.
(Thank you for your guardian angels)


to have received a call from my cousin who had to miss the last two
Thanksgivings, asking if we can scoop him up on the way home !
(So glad to be a blessing to others)


to have nieces and nephews that love me as much as I love them and who anxiously await my arrival.
(Thank you for filling up my heart Lord)


to have lifelong friends that I am looking forward to hanging out with after spending time with our families.
(Thank you for meaningful relationships)


to have a wonderful Beau who looks forward to doing ALL the driving and letting me read, sleep, sing, talk, laugh, blog, twitter, and FB to my heart's content.
(Thank you for sending me love)


to have a mother who truly throws down in the kitchen who managed to teach me several of her tricks so that we can continue to make memories in the kitchen together, cooking, talking, laughing and reminiscing.
(I will be praying for my friends whose mothers are no longer here)



to have a daddy who will call us no less than every 2 hours to find out where we are at ? how is the traffic ? any bad weather ? how is the gas mileage ? LOL
(Thank you for protection Father)



to have standing family traditions that bring joy to my heart such as getting up early to run the Turkey Trot together no matter how many have to walk to finish, the annual Taboo Challenge where the competition is fierce ! We argue, laugh and the ladies usually win, unless the guys cheat. LOL
(Thank you for family Lord)


for being a child of God, covered in his blood, with His grace and mercy ever present in my life.
(Thank you for being everything I need and more than I could ever deserve)




Wishing all of my Blog land friends a safe, happy & blessed Thanksgiving !


Thank you for reading, commenting AND lurking LOL !


Thoughts ? Comments ? Questions ?



Beautifully Complex 

6 comments:

Newy said...

Beautiful post. It brought tears to my eyes. Have a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving.

Beautifully Complex said...

@Newy
Thank you for the wonderful compliment. Be Blessed !

Nerd Girl said...

Great post!

Hope you and your family have a marvelous time together - Happy Thanksgiving!

Beautifully Complex said...

@Nerd Girl

Thanks & same to you lady !

T. S. Snowden said...

I usually just lurk but this post was so nice I just had to comment and say that I am so glad to have read it! Have a lovely holiday!

Beautifully Complex said...

@T.S.Snowden
Thanks for de-lurking LOL
I am glad you enjoyed it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too !