Sunday, December 7, 2014

So Thankful................

Hey Blogland !

Hope you had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving with your family and friends.  We traveled to visit my side of the family for our annual gathering.  It was good to see and spend time with family but it was also a very challenging week. We (me, my husband, my sister and brother-in-love) are dealing with managing my parents health issues and having to make lots of  major decisions regarding their care. It was quite and emotion filled holiday.

We kept up the tradition of our annual Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. It was quite chilly & I am quite out of shape, but I still pushed it out  & trudged my way through ! LOL

Here are some pics from that morning .....

Love these little ones !

Me & my nieces

My beautiful sister & her girls !

My handsome nephew

The First Family - we call them Barack & Michelle, LOL !



My love carrying the chairs for he & my Mama !



My husband had foot surgery 2 weeks before Thanksgiving so I am doing all of the driving for about 8 weeks. We have very different driving styles, so this is a challenge for the BOTH of us, LOL !  He came out  to cheer us on with my mom who is making huge strides in her stroke recovery. She did not want to miss watching her grandkids run this race, so we made it happen.

So happy my Mama made it out



The youngest two in the whole crew ran the fastest. Gabbie who is 6 ran the 1 Mile Fun Run with ease & KJ who will be 8 in a few days, smoked us ALL in the 5K ! LOL

The Champs !

This was hands down one of the worst 5K's I have EVER run.  I am ridiculously out of shape, I probably went to the track a total of 5 times in the last few months to get ready for this race, but as I have previously blogged about, I have been dealing with a lot of issues causing me stress & regretably have not used exercise to help me manage it as I should have. My nieces & nephews would not let me sit this one out & I did not want to break tradition, so I pushed it out on HEART & my body paid me back for the next 5 days or so LMAO !


Thankful to cross the finish line ! 

We had our dinner, everything was great.  I made a Caramel Cake, that really came out good. I found a solid recipe on Pinterest that used a Bundt Cake Pan & it was very good. I did not overdo it on the leftovers that day, as my memory of that horrible race earlier in the day was fresh on my mind. LOL

The kids provided some after dinner entertainment, performing a little Skit/Play that they put together that day. Let me tell you we have some animated, entertaining kids in our family ! When they know they will have a captive audience, they are bound and determined to provide some entertainment.

It would take me forever to explain........LOL

Alexandra giving Savannah some last minute direction. LOL


It is hilarious to watch these kids interact with each other, see how their personalities and the family dynamics play out. I can't wait to see their growth and development in the future.  We are blessed with some very bright, talented and confident children in our family & I pray for their continued blessings.

I am so THANKFUL for family, health, provision, friends, and His continued blessings over my life DESPITE some of the recent challenges.


I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday


How was your holiday ?

Do you have any special holiday traditions ?

Did you make anything special



Beautifully Complex


No comments: