Monday, November 19, 2012

Let's Catch Up

Two weeks ago, I went to have drinks with a couple of friends. One of my girlfriends is getting married next year and we went to the place where she is having her wedding and reception, so that we could check it out and I fell totally and completely in love. Brennar's on the Bayou is like an oasis in the center of the city. This place has such  great ambiance, a very good Happy Hour and really nice patio that overlooks Buffalo Bayou. It is the perfect place to have a cozy date night and I can't wait to surprise my love with this place.  I didn't take any photos of the place or my food that night, but I had the Crab cakes and they were phenomenal ! I am so looking forward to my friends wedding at this place next Spring.

Brennars On the Bayou 

That same weekend, Mr. Mixologist and I had a date night. We went to see "Flight" with Denzel and really enjoyed it. I must say since I have first hand knowledge of real alcoholics in my immediate family , his performance rang so true to me. Don Cheadle had a strong performance as usual. He is such a versatile actor and should be more famous than he is. Afterwards we  had dinner at Liberty Kitchen which is a cool little restaurant in the Heights. We really enjoyed ourselves.



This past weekend was fun. Saturday we had an early dinner cooked by my love. Surf and Turf was on the menu along with my latest addiction this lovely red blend called Cupcake Red Velvet

Deelish !


Luscious !


Later Saturday night, I headed to a Birthday party for a friend at this placed called Inner Me Studios for a Pole Dancing/Chair Dancing Class. This is all the rave these days and it was pretty fun, they let us bring in our own drinks, finger foods, and cupcakes, so we got to play around on the poles before the instruction started and then we actually learned a seductive chair routine. Let me tell the truth right here. I have mad respect for Strippers because that pole work is no joke LOL. The upper body strength needed is beyond amazing.  The funny thing about it was our instructor was a very "obviously" gay male...and he was talented. I had to give him his props ! It was a fun time, lots of laughs and I truly was doing the most, to the point that Sunday night my thighs were.killing.me and at first I couldn't figure out why LOL.

Skills and Talents



Yes that is "money" from making it rain LOL


























Sunday morning, we went to early church service and then breakfast at my favorite Ol' School Breakfast spot, Franks Grille. I love their pancakes.  Mr. Mixologist is a political junkie and a history buff so he has been patiently waiting on the movie "Lincoln". We caught an early show so he wouldn't miss too much of his Sunday Football. It was a very good movie. That Daniel Day-Lewis had a remarkable performance.  His transformation into President Lincoln was just amazing to me. Later on Sunday, I took an epic afternoon nap while he watched his games.



Wow. Can you believe the Holidays are upon us ? This will be a short week for us. We leave on Tuesday night  to travel for the Holiday. Can't wait to see the family & have some fun cooking in the kitchen with my mom, nieces and cousins. I will be "walking" the Turkey Trot this year as,  my ankle is still feeling a little bit tender in some places. I am truly starting to feel my age creeping up on me it seems. But I am blessed and very thankful to be here for yet another year.


What has been going on with you ?    What are you Holiday plans ?   Are you cooking anything special?

Thoughts ? Comments ? Questions ?

Beautifully Complex 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed that weekend. Sounds relaxing, romantic and fun all at the same time.

I ran a Turkey Trot. Took second and am pleased about it! Take care of that ankle and I hope you run again soon.

I did not cook we went to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's for a wonderful time with family for some delicious food.

I'm thinking aobut having a Christmas Eve dinner like I last year. I can't quite make up my mind.