Monday, October 17, 2011

Musical Monday - Twist of Marley

Mr. Mixologist is a jazz fanatic & turned me on to this little gem & I have been jamming to it for the last month. If you like Bob Marley  AND  Jazz , then you will really enjoy this. It is like a Reggae Jazz Fusion Project.  You can get it from Amazon right here.

It features a lot of talented artists, Will Downing, Jonathan Butler, Gerald Albright, Phil Perry, Maxi Priest, to name a few.

I'm gonna drop some links I found on You Tube for some of my favorite tracks.




Will Downing makes anything sound great !






You can't miss with Gerald Albright .






" Stir It Up.......Little Darlin' Stir It up".... Phil Perry is hitting them notes !






Of course, " I Shot the Sheriff " w/Maxi Priest







"Get Up, Stand Up ......Stand Up for your Rights ......Get Up, Stand Up.....Don't  Give Up the Fight !"



This is a really nice CD to drop in for a low key gathering with friends. It's a great conversation starter. I love almost every single cut ! With 13 tracks it was hard for me to narrow down the links for the blog. You can pretty much find most of the other tracks from the CD on You Tube. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


I think good music makes the world go around !


What artists or music are you currently listening to ?


Thoughts ? Comments ? Questions ?


Beautifully Complex 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the sampling you provided. Funny you should ask about my music. I'm working on listing my favorites as we speak. I'll share that with you later.

Pandora is on and I'm listening to Lionel Richie on my O'Jays station 'cause I'm Easy Like Sunday Morning - :-)

Beautifully Complex said...

@mamasez
Man I love the O Jay's & the Whispers too. Soon it will be time to break our their Christmas music that In enjoy so much. I love discovering new music. Don't hesitate to share !